Science & Technology

Psychiatrist Answers Mental Health Questions From Twitter | Tech Support | WIRED

Psychiatrist Dr. Eric Bender answers your questions about mental health from Twitter. Can you develop a personality disorder? Is stress contagious? What does the Rorschach test actually prove? Answers to these questions and many more await—it’s Mental Health Support. Check out Dr. Eric Bender’s Youtube channel for more analysis of popular TV shows and movies:…

Check out Dr. Eric Bender’s Youtube channel for more analysis of popular TV shows and movies: mailto:

Plus, COMING SOON: Dr. Bender’s upcoming podcast Shrinkage which explores mental health in TV, movies, and video games.

Director: Lisandro Perez-Rey
Director of Photography: Yukihiro Uemura
Editor: Richard Trammell
Expert: H. Eric Bender, M.D.
Line Producer: Joseph Buscemi
Associate Producer: Paul Gulyas
Production Manager: Peter Brunette
Casting Producer: Nicholas Sawyer
Sound Mixer: Russell Purcell
Production Assistant: Davis Forge
Post Production Supervisor: Christian Olguin
Post Production Coordinator: Ian Bryant
Supervising Editor: Doug Larsen
Additional Editor: Jason Malizia
Assistant Editor: Billy Ward

00:00 Psychiatrist Support
00:10 Break from Reality
00:34 Depression and Sleep
01:14 Is stress contagious?
01:39 Hypnotherapy

Listen to the Get WIRED podcast ►►
Want more WIRED? Get the magazine ►►

Instagram ►►
Twitter ►►
Facebook ►►
Tik Tok ►►

Also, check out the free WIRED channel on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.

ABOUT WIRED
WIRED is where tomorrow is realized.

1. @ParallelPenguins

May 14, 2024 at 8:12 pm

Tik tok didn’t make me think I have adhd. My friends who are diagnosed with adhd and told me multiple times that I should look into getting checked for it made me think I might have adhd.

2. @Perfect1583

May 14, 2024 at 8:12 pm

Those glasses though 😂

3. @ashley9534

May 14, 2024 at 8:16 pm

Please do more of these. This exact episode.

4. @michaelroyal188

May 14, 2024 at 8:18 pm

Mezzanine*

5. @afollowerofjesusandmylife

May 14, 2024 at 8:20 pm

I have psychosis…

6. @kadinmay

May 14, 2024 at 8:20 pm

Haven’t watched the video yet but I can bet they won’t touch on transgender people in this episode…

7. @sealestiale

May 14, 2024 at 8:21 pm

this is an american matt smith

8. @HaggenKennedy

May 14, 2024 at 8:32 pm

6:25: “Please, do not look at TikTok as your sole source of information for mental health.”

Please, do not look at TikTok as your sole source of information for ANYTHING.

9. @covidfeverdream

May 14, 2024 at 8:32 pm

Ehhhhh. The tiktok algorithm accurately assumed I had both ADHD and hEDS months before I went and got evaluated for them. I obviously did a significant amount of research outside of TikTok, but it was still incredibly accurate.

10. @gottagetdacash2515

May 14, 2024 at 8:40 pm

Dressed like a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

11. @ludzeppelin

May 14, 2024 at 8:43 pm

i love eric’s content

12. @Xarmyforlife

May 14, 2024 at 8:46 pm

I consider therpist as the first line of communication like mental health first responders and psychologists being the doctors at the ER as every blade cuts differently, medicine cuts deeper than meditation but leaves toxic wounds. 5:01 😢❤

13. @siobhancrgde

May 14, 2024 at 8:46 pm

I need him 😔

14. @siobhancrgde

May 14, 2024 at 8:54 pm

6:59

15. @siobhancrgde

May 14, 2024 at 8:55 pm

7:47

16. @JLRandNothingElse

May 14, 2024 at 8:56 pm

UM WHAT I NEED THOSE GLASSES MY GUY

17. @Legolas2

May 14, 2024 at 8:58 pm

My guy is dressed like an Andes mint

18. @madilynjoyweber3387

May 14, 2024 at 9:00 pm

my mom would give us a spoonful of fish oil everyday because she heard it was good for adhd

19. @RobertEskew

May 14, 2024 at 9:05 pm

I can’t watch this video. Dr. Bender’s eyeglass frames are bizarre.

20. @siobhancrgde

May 14, 2024 at 9:07 pm

17:02

21. @RGBY-tv4hg

May 14, 2024 at 9:11 pm

Got an unskipable ad while he was telling me to breath out…

22. @Nebby_smells

May 14, 2024 at 9:15 pm

How credible is multiple online tests for mental disorders? Obviously taking official tests is the only way to get official diagnosis but I want to know the degree of credibility for online tests

23. @mooeymama

May 14, 2024 at 9:17 pm

I’m not the only one who was wondering every one of these, right?

24. @unicornvixen7018

May 14, 2024 at 9:22 pm

Okay, but can you still be hypnotized if you actively resist? Not doing anything the hypnotist says for example? Will you still end up in a trance of sorts? Asking as a person who can’t do simple tasks when told to do so at times because my brain said “nuh uh, you can’t make me”. Truly, it’s not an active thought lol

25. @krisjackson6567

May 14, 2024 at 9:25 pm

As someone who is clinically diagnosed with ADHD and it’s ruined my life for years in so many different ways I saw the title and clicked so fast. 😂😂😂

26. @Ubernewb111

May 15, 2024 at 4:26 pm

psychiatry is made of duct tape and dreams

27. @Ulmaramlu

May 15, 2024 at 4:31 pm

This is some good information. Thanks!

28. @darnitthelma4247

This guy fucks!

• @khravos

May 15, 2024 at 6:50 pm

What

31. @lily-hazy8823

May 15, 2024 at 4:51 pm

That study you are referencing at 6:30 was incredibly horribly designed. And nobody on tiktok uses it as their only source. I actually did end up having ADHD. Tiktok also told me I might have ehlers danlos syndrome, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, and mast cell activation syndrome. Guess what? My new specialist has ehlers danlos, POTS, and MCAS, and has diagnosed me with all of them too. I’m now on heart medication that’s stopped my horrific headaches that turned out to be a combintion of POTS and MCAS putting me into hypovolemic shock. I’m no longer experiencing MCAS flares when I’m in the sun too long or am under LED lights too long because I’m on a medication for that too. Tiktok’s algorithm is incredibly powerful. If you have a patient who thinks they might have it, LISTEN TO THEM before you write them off as just some dumbass that doesn’t know how to practice any sort of discernment. Let’s not forget the reason why so many women are diagnosed so late in their life with these things – it’s because male doctors dismiss us the second they heard we researched something.

32. @LivvyGreen22

May 15, 2024 at 5:33 pm

this might be gauche, but he’s so hot

33. @Metzli

May 15, 2024 at 5:58 pm

He looks like Doctor Who!

34. @steve4044

May 15, 2024 at 6:14 pm

What happens in your Vegas stays in your Vegas. Just saying.

35. @oatlord

May 15, 2024 at 6:43 pm

Fantastic glasses, Eric.

36. @asparagusanonymous

May 15, 2024 at 7:02 pm

Autism and ADHD are not mental health disorders as described around the 14 minute mark. They are neurological conditions and it’s damaging misinformation to refer to them as mental health disorders.

37. @alanfike

May 15, 2024 at 7:07 pm

When university doctors were in the process of scheduling me for ketamine therapy for a complicated matter over a chronic illness — we’ve since found the ketamine treatment unnecessary due to other medication helping — it was going to cost around $4,000 for the consultation appointment and then $2,000-3,000 for the 2-3 appointments after it. Very little of it would have gone to the cost of the medicine, which was insubstantial compared to the cost of the expertise. No way insurance was going to authorize it, so it would have to have been out of pocket.

All that and then learning here that the effect only lasts 3-4 days makes me wonder what I would be paying for, but it was a pretty desperate time. Thankfully we’ve found solutions without it.

38. @ExoticFish12

May 15, 2024 at 7:13 pm

As someone with diagnosed severe adhd and currently in the process of audhd diagnosis it truly annoys me how much of a trend adhd has become because of tiktok, same with autism too because i have to wait 2 years where im at to even be seek for autism

39. @via-anghelmagahum2586

May 15, 2024 at 7:15 pm

Wow he’s really touched upon things related to me. I have psychosis and I struggled with it since middle school, same with my cousin. It actually runs in my family but I’d always wanted to know why , so far reading our family history, it seems to skip a generation

40. @TommyB1004

May 15, 2024 at 7:39 pm

There’s no good evidence that depression is related to neurotransmitters

41. @sfranz5413

May 15, 2024 at 7:48 pm

The amount of pseudoscience in this video is jaw dropping. Is this person a real psychiatrist?

42. @ermedic1986

May 15, 2024 at 7:50 pm

How many people took a picture of their eyes rolled back

43. @maefromnitw4091

May 15, 2024 at 7:53 pm

if you guys like dr. bender, you should watch the GQ videos with him in them! hes done things like analyse movie psychopaths

44. @RatedArggg

May 15, 2024 at 7:58 pm

How glib. Depression manifests itself in numerous ways. I always overslept when I got depressed.

45. @OrangeMicMusic

May 15, 2024 at 8:27 pm

@12:04 a doctor who tells you that low level of serotonin in the brain is the cause of depression should not be trusted. He should read latest studies that are showing no significant difference between taking antidepressants vs placebo.

46. @GhostObsessed

May 15, 2024 at 9:03 pm

All I could, glasses.. only glasses.. no words, no face.. 19 min of silent pair of wild glasses floating in the air

47. @mallorysai1399

May 15, 2024 at 9:12 pm

A psychiatrist that is aware of ERP! Thank you for educating myself and others:)

48. @adrianmiles7678

May 15, 2024 at 9:15 pm

I’m autistic, adhd & ptsd. I have significantly improved my depression and general mental health thru gene testing for COMT and MTHFR and supplementing appropriately

49. @salottin

May 15, 2024 at 9:24 pm

Man, he’s very open-minded. I admire that

50. @user-je3zl4ln4u

May 15, 2024 at 9:26 pm

Thank you for the content. I appreciate the honest and factual information related to mental health. It would be a good idea for a regular program.

51. @SobiDani

May 16, 2024 at 3:41 pm

6:00 Oh so that’s what CBT is…

52. @crisf1102

May 16, 2024 at 3:45 pm

Bro no way CBT is used in therapy 💀

53. @berlovich

May 16, 2024 at 3:46 pm

are you an elf?

54. @DepressedPotato10

May 16, 2024 at 4:09 pm

Social media is making my ADHD worse… 😅

55. @elongatedpocket1310

May 16, 2024 at 4:21 pm

Please have him on again in the future

56. @user-vb6eh5po4t

May 16, 2024 at 4:22 pm

Don’t do shrooms alone guys. Always have a trip sitter.

• @KxNOxUTA

May 16, 2024 at 7:02 pm

a professional one, mind you.

57. @9000ck

May 16, 2024 at 4:53 pm

medical model dot point psychiatry depresses me. mental health is complex and listicle style presentations can do more harm than good.

• @KxNOxUTA

May 16, 2024 at 7:01 pm

On the other hand these videos actually lowered the hurdles for ppl to seek professional help and get support for whatever is going on AND when the quality is good OR advice works for ppl regardless of them not having the condition, then it can give them access to help while they are “stuck” waiting for YEARS to get an appointment for evaluation and it’s not even said yet that the person who’ll do it will be a good fit.

All things have pros and cons. The question is always if ppl have developed enough basic internet literacy skills yet to take things with a grain or heap of salt and look further. As he said, the main problem is when ppl keep it as their SOLE source!

58. @thesaltyapplewannabe5493

May 16, 2024 at 5:08 pm

Bro is literally the undercover glasses inspiration

59. @qualiatv

May 16, 2024 at 5:14 pm

grouchocore

60. @rane9413

May 16, 2024 at 5:17 pm

why he kinda

• @rane9413

May 16, 2024 at 5:19 pm

smart

61. @erisbob

May 16, 2024 at 5:18 pm

My mother is a nurse & swears by fish oil pills. Idk.

62. @erisbob

May 16, 2024 at 5:29 pm

I took a graduate psych course in Psychology of Meditation decades ago and there were already promising studies. Around the same time, I took another grad class in hypnotherapy and reviews were mixed. Depends upon a variety of factors. Great answers, Doc. Yes!

63. @jessmarg

May 16, 2024 at 5:30 pm

Hi pwDepression: I had major depressive disorder for 25 yrs, and every couple years I was floored. (Literally, on the floor at times.) It took many tries, but I eventually found the right meds, was on them about 4 years, taken off them and I have been in remission now for 20 years. **Depression itself will make you think it will never end – it CAN END!!** Go find a psychiatrist yourself, or call the hotline numbers, or tell your doctor, or your mom’s best friend or your school teacher… ask for help to get you to a psychiatrist.

64. @piddlydiddly

May 16, 2024 at 5:56 pm

Why does he keep talking about depression being a serotonin deficiency when this has been debunked multiple times?

65. @stourn2399

May 16, 2024 at 5:59 pm

his fucjing glasses.. idk man

• @KxNOxUTA

May 16, 2024 at 6:50 pm

They’re there to support ppl like you, for they encourage ya all to tell the world you require help. For ya all stumble over superficial hurdles. It’s alright. Ya all don’t have to stay stuck on the surface level of things and have your thoughts and feelings run your life! Ya all can learn to take a step back and observe the noise of both and then direct your attention to the meaningful parts of life regardless of it!

Have some support on how to get there. It’ll add a lot of joy where before, there was time and effort wasted on judgement, that serves only abusive ppl by fostering insecurities in people and keeping them vulnerable to abuse. Ya all can choose to move on and not enable abusive patterns in society. You can do it!! Start right now!

66. @bropoke6799

May 16, 2024 at 6:17 pm

I was really hoping he would touch on EMDR. It’s Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. I read a book by the woman who discovered/created it and I’ve done EMDR myself. It works by having you think of a specific scenario that was really traumatizing for you, having you follow a dot moving on a screen, or your therapists finger moving in a pattern while they guide you through the process of going through that situation in your head and helping you reprocess it in a healthier way. It saved my life

67. @KxNOxUTA

May 16, 2024 at 6:41 pm

Nice I learned sth. new!

68. @aland7236

May 16, 2024 at 7:07 pm

4:43 Well… I forgot.

Jokes aside, my retention seems okay, but my recall is similar to the way Internet Explorer works today.

69. @Mohammed49201

May 16, 2024 at 7:19 pm

13:21 just spoiled the whole movie for me 😂😭

70. @Gizzy411

May 16, 2024 at 7:23 pm

I’m a social worker whom provides therapy and it’s actually kind of frustrating that all this misinformation gets spread around.

Arguing with people who have no qualifications over mental health actually gets kind of tired.

71. @heidihuff8695

May 16, 2024 at 8:28 pm

“However, that was before the pandemic.” *cue me cackling madly*

72. @Nicklmeyer

May 16, 2024 at 8:30 pm

Shirt and vest giving Shrek.

73. @dem8568

May 16, 2024 at 8:50 pm

Crazy sick video yo.

74. @teabean1518

May 16, 2024 at 9:12 pm

That prononciation of folie à deux is painful 😭

75. @FattyMcFox

May 16, 2024 at 9:26 pm

Ok, weirdly, i find that if i breath out for a longer period than i breath in, my stress increases. A lot of these slow breathing techniques make me feel worse.

76. @TheCrosshare

May 17, 2024 at 10:41 am

Ink blot test: A bat. A bat. A bat.
    “Ah, i see, nice to meet you Bruce.”

77. @squaretriangle9208

May 17, 2024 at 11:03 am

Fascinated by his green/green combination

78. @aceion6110

May 17, 2024 at 12:00 pm

We need more of Dr. Bender

79. @Luke_Stoltenberg

May 17, 2024 at 12:08 pm

2:40 if there is suspicion that medication is not needed don’t visit a psychiatrist. They are trained in prescribing medications, not treating mental conditions or facilitating good mental health

80. @NotAFanOfHandles

May 17, 2024 at 12:09 pm

One, I want to tweak his nose. Two, his vest and shirt makes me think of those after dinner mints and now I want chocolate. Three, I’m also looking forward to a new DSM in hopefully 5 years. Four, there are good channels on TikTok about mental health issues, including ADHD and autism, you just have to know where to look; that does _not_ mean to use it as a main source of information regarding, well, anything, but for people curious about certain topics it can be a useful jumping off point. And finally, five, I want his glasses. 🤓

81. @auditoryoddity7060

May 17, 2024 at 12:41 pm

Okay, I thought psychopath was an outdated term not being used anymore? And how legit was that eye roll study? Just having a little healthy skepticism. A white background and good editing doesn’t mean all the information is good. Entertaining video for sure, tho.

82. @bagginssupercat

May 17, 2024 at 12:54 pm

The grounding is very useful for the panic attacks.
    Also, I’ve tried to reframe the anxiety. When i feel it all kicking off, I thank my brain for prepping, but I’m just excited, so I say “excited” out loud… it seems to feedback into the brain and settle it into a different direction. So far, so good!

83. @hankepanky9478

May 17, 2024 at 2:08 pm

I don’t like that his tie matches his shirt. I don’t know what that says about him, or me, but ion like it

84. @ZZ-qy5mv

May 17, 2024 at 3:02 pm

This man is stylish but in a way like he is an illustration on The New Yorker.

85. @eykyra

May 17, 2024 at 3:26 pm

I have depression and I never get up early, in fact is quite the opposite. There were periods of my life in which my body would sleep until noon. However, I do not fall asleep early either, no matter how much I try. My cycle is that I spend most day exhausted but just as it’s ending then my brain gets more active and the overthinking doesn’t allow me to sleep. Also, no matter how long I sleep it never seems to provide me with actual rest, I wake up just as tired.

86. @Leadvest

May 17, 2024 at 3:52 pm

I’m hoping the DSM-VI will have an accepted factor analysis approach to the ASD, ASPD, ADHD, OCD cluster. Monotropicism, stimming, and special interests, not being part of the DSM-V really makes it feel like people need to fight with, and conform to pathology to get access to the therapies they need. Relying on a questionnaire, instead of building up a large profile, would do a lot to promote access, and likely it would also cut down on the apparent need for self diagnosis.

87. @futures2247

May 17, 2024 at 4:01 pm

I do hope we get to the stage when announcing you are a psychiatrist is a thing of the past because its just too embarrassing and has been relegated to the dustbin of history.

88. @saferoundhouse5910

May 17, 2024 at 4:13 pm

Can’t agree with him saying depression makes you sleep less lol when I’m depressed all I do sleep xD

89. @mads4345

May 17, 2024 at 4:23 pm

This is annoying to watch at night. Grey table and background pls

90. @user-is8jw5lc6n

May 17, 2024 at 4:25 pm

My support consultant has been sooooooooo enlightening and supportive

91. @kellikakes81

May 17, 2024 at 4:40 pm

I feel like nowadays who DOESN’T have ADHD?? (Not diagnosed). The description sounds like everyone i know (to certain degree) 🤷🏽‍♀️

92. @konroh2

May 17, 2024 at 5:31 pm

The over-focus on mental health actually is detrimental to our health. Mental health is a byproduct of focusing on real values: serving others, providing good to society, accomplishing goals. It’s not about thinking about myself.

93. @deadward_g

May 17, 2024 at 5:37 pm

I didn’t know I could get a PHD in benders

94. @the_entertainment_channel

May 17, 2024 at 6:04 pm

WTF is going on with those glasses?

95. @katheringonzalez3326

May 17, 2024 at 6:09 pm

Lmaoo I am the Bruno in my family 🤡

96. @gauchegreyhound

May 17, 2024 at 6:11 pm

Lol I am not hypnotizeable

97. @fantasytraveler

May 17, 2024 at 7:04 pm

I wonder if he friends with mortian? They have the same vibe.

98. @fantasytraveler

May 17, 2024 at 7:22 pm

Is Psychiatrist Eric friends with Victor the Mortician becasue they have the same vibe.

99. @B_27

May 17, 2024 at 8:44 pm

I know you’re being payed by pharmaceutical companies but there are several studies that have disproved that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance. You need to stop pushing this false narrative, it is highly unethical.

100. @SpoopyChicken

May 17, 2024 at 9:25 pm

His glasses feels like it should be square/rectangular glasses but the manufacturer changed their minds last-minute.

101. @seloschki663

May 18, 2024 at 5:48 am

Some questions… just google them ufff

102. @BasicallyBaconSandvichIV

May 18, 2024 at 7:17 am

18:30 Bat monster dragon thing, Dragon, yet another dragon. Why are they all dragons? And how did he not say dragon for ANY OF THEM? THEY ARE ALL DRAGONS!

103. @CheifR0cka

May 18, 2024 at 7:18 am

Wtf is up with those glasses 😂 they look like futuristic eclipse glasses with the lenses popped out.

104. @milkispolitics

May 18, 2024 at 8:57 am

I would absolutely love a video on how folie au deux and exactly how it works

105. @ChocolatTherapy

May 18, 2024 at 10:12 am

i love that he actually answers the questions about shrooms and ketamine

106. @kaziu312

May 18, 2024 at 10:43 am

If Mint-N-Chip were an outfit….

107. @TheTekknician

May 18, 2024 at 11:14 am

I… honestly think I should consult a doctor to see of I have depression. I recognize a little bit too much.

108. @Tekdruid

May 18, 2024 at 11:38 am

19:00 What I’d really like to know is why are all the Rorschach blots just pictures of my parents fighting? 🤔

109. @hopemebenge5511

May 18, 2024 at 11:42 am

Everyday I’m more and more convinced that I just have depression. Welp all I can do is wait till I can legally get my own diagnosis 🤷🏾‍♀️

110. @user-bo3wh8we9e

May 18, 2024 at 11:47 am

Anyone else concered about the pictures of Demons on his desk?

• @idonthaveausername.8035

May 18, 2024 at 5:27 pm

Those are rorschach blots. They were used to determine things about the subconscious through how the patient sees the images. While they are mostly considered psuedoscience now, they are/were one of the most iconic images in psychology, at least in the United States. Hope that helps.

111. @SpawnRevenge92

May 18, 2024 at 12:06 pm

Love this dude.

112. @user-lq9mm1ud1r

May 18, 2024 at 12:15 pm

I wanna hear you talk but all I can hear in your glasses

113. @GetBased

May 18, 2024 at 1:02 pm

The DSM-5 is being used to hertosexualise homosexuals. Thats the transgender agenda within othordox medial care. Crazy right. look it up.

114. @hayze_ablaze

May 18, 2024 at 1:16 pm

I really like this episode a lot thanks to this man, I hope he comes back because this was so informative and he just has a really nice way of explaining these concepts.

115. @Alina-dw2lg

May 18, 2024 at 1:23 pm

Peter Steel can be hypnotized all the way)

116. @meganweber5057

May 18, 2024 at 1:50 pm

How did they figure out the eye roll thing?

117. @razzle7875

May 18, 2024 at 2:09 pm

7:16 Psilocin (psilocybin’s main metabolite) is the actual chemical binding to the serotonin receptors

118. @alaska2026

May 18, 2024 at 2:14 pm

He reminds of a mint chocolate, hehe

119. @aoistrawberry

May 18, 2024 at 2:30 pm

as a psychiatrist myself, i find it weird that Americans are so obsessed with the chemical imbalance aspect of depression, when the whole theory isnt even super accurate to begin with. in Germany, mental health professionals tend to think that the disorders like depression are most likely symptoms caused by a wide variety of different underlying “disorders” or problems. no schizophrenic patient is the same and same goes for depression. reactive depression might be a different thing than a chronic depression.

120. @marzipanmouse

May 18, 2024 at 2:50 pm

Bruno is the identified patient. A feeling that Mirabel probably feels as well, since she was on track to be the next scapegoat. The real miracle of Encanto is that this family managed to overcome that generational trauma so quickly.

121. @ffffkkkknnnn

May 18, 2024 at 2:58 pm

not a massive attack fan

122. @RicheBright

May 18, 2024 at 3:04 pm

Those glasses are causing me to doubt reality.

123. @eyeballpingpong

May 18, 2024 at 3:20 pm

okay as a high school student in the bay area who just went through the college application process i feel kind of called out lmao 1:20

124. @capresti3537

May 18, 2024 at 5:09 pm

Psychiatry is pseudoscience. Chemical imbalance? 😂😂

• @baristaz8834

May 18, 2024 at 9:31 pm

…you never went to school did you💀💀

• @capresti3537

May 18, 2024 at 10:19 pm

@@baristaz8834 That’s what i want to say to you.

• @baristaz8834

May 18, 2024 at 11:38 pm

@@capresti3537 no you should ask yourself first before you start saying sh1t like that, dude probably has never heard of hormones which are literally chemicals lol

• @capresti3537

May 18, 2024 at 11:43 pm

@@baristaz8834 Whats that have to do with psychiatry?

• @baristaz8834

May 18, 2024 at 11:48 pm

@@capresti3537 a lot? Hormone can play huge roles in mental health and disorders as well as the symptoms you experience, which is important when prescribing the right medication to a patient. It also gives more insight into an individual’s disorder and how it affects them, why do you think you need to go to med school to practice it? Biochemistry is one of the main science classes you have to take when going into that field.

125. @carrieparsons9126

May 18, 2024 at 5:52 pm

18:01 “Clearly, that *was never true.*” There, I fixed it for you.

126. @the.magic.catbus9459

May 18, 2024 at 10:21 pm

I have depression and I stay up really late and sleep all day. I will take a pill to go to sleep and in the morning I take an antidepressant stimulant to stay awake.

127. @tehyoshi

May 18, 2024 at 10:39 pm

Be honest, how long in the video did it take for you to notice that he’s in fact wearing a tie?

128. @funnygaming2672

May 18, 2024 at 10:50 pm

how common it is for people to see the same exact thing, that is not there or should not see ..

• @nathanng2629

May 19, 2024 at 1:02 am

If it’s just for a split second that’s normal.

129. @Kageoni187

May 18, 2024 at 11:32 pm

Remember, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. There can be many things contributing to that feeling. Examine your interactions with each individual person. What kind of history you have with them can contribute to your perception of their behaviors and your interpretation of them. I always say if nothing feels outside of the realm of reasonable then trust your gut. Also never forget that often what people don’t say is far more telling.

130. @amazinggrapes3045

May 19, 2024 at 12:34 am

If the serotonin in the gut doesn’t cross the blood-brain barrier then why do they prescribe oral SSRI drugs? Mine just gave me reflux, no improvement in mood

• @nathanng2629

May 19, 2024 at 1:02 am

The drug does not contain any serotonin.

• @rsh793

May 19, 2024 at 1:48 am

If your medication is causing you reflux please go back to the prescribing doctor and ask for a change, there are plenty of other ones you can use

131. @dougTheRedFarie

May 19, 2024 at 1:21 am

I always love the way he teaches, but I LOVE the fits every time.

132. @spring7643

May 19, 2024 at 2:41 am

When you fall asleep early and wake up early 👁️ 👄 👁️

133. @spring7643

May 19, 2024 at 2:53 am

11:20 interesting

134. @TygraBlack

May 19, 2024 at 9:09 am

Just EXCELLENT!

135. @subzerodragon1984

May 19, 2024 at 9:30 am

I would love you to break down how people believe Trump and follow him blindly

• @subzerodragon1984

May 19, 2024 at 9:31 am

You show them proof and data and they still don’t believe there is something wrong with their beliefs

136. @Rita-ei3pp

May 19, 2024 at 9:45 am

you are an amazing teacher ! Much better than mine xD

137. @givemeahandleplz

May 19, 2024 at 10:39 am

6:56 😂

138. @Redectro

May 19, 2024 at 12:13 pm

Wired you need to get Eminem in the google searches series

139. @ShenoUzumaki

May 19, 2024 at 1:15 pm

TikTok may be increasing ADHD like symptoms, but as someone who works at a call center, literally no one is patient, they want stuff Now. Especially older ppl not even on TikTok. And on the flip side, workers are also pressured to go faster and faster too. All of that together is not helping anyone

140. @maica2305

May 19, 2024 at 2:25 pm

Question related to when to consult a psychologist or psychiatrist (I’m a psychologist): always go first to a psychologist. In the first visit, the psychologist will evaluate the severity of your case. If it’s moderate-severe is when it’s recommended to go to psychiatrist too. THERAPY IS ALWAYS FIRST CHOICE OF TREATMENT. Medication imples chemical changes in your brain that usually are accompanied with side effects. It’s a matter of (physical) safety.

141. @comfortablewoman

May 19, 2024 at 3:29 pm

Doctor I hope you make a video of the similarities between adhd and bipolar II disorder because a lot of the TikTok’s I see that say ADHD are really signs of bipolar II

142. @dwightyokum3700

May 19, 2024 at 4:42 pm

I had to watch this video 3 times then 2 times before I could watch it the final time do I have OCD

143. @micha6335

May 19, 2024 at 5:04 pm

he kinda looks like coala

144. @pibbles9

May 19, 2024 at 7:38 pm

The DSM is highly flawed in my view. Some clinicians seem very eager to label/diagnose without looking into socioeconomic factors, trauma history, etc. And people are often misdiagnosed because of it.

145. @ItsSimplyAless

May 19, 2024 at 8:33 pm

14:00 y’all do ur research about antidepressants.. its not what it seems, lets just say that. I have had personal experience too.

146. @kunoichichica

May 19, 2024 at 9:25 pm

Ahh, I missed Dr. Bender. Adored his appearances on GQ s happy to get even more content with him now!